Journey To Date CV Version
My journey to date:
Academic qualifications and accreditations
- I’ve got a PhD which looked at the impact of loss on boys and emotions
- I have an MA in psychoanalysis (my dissertation was on cannabis psychosis)
- Another MA in education with a focus on gender, class, race, child development and leadership
- I have an MA in Creative Writing (with distinction)
- I have a Post Graduate Certificate in Education and another in Coaching (with distinction)
- I’m a fully qualified life coach and I am insured, supervised and a member of the National Council of Psychotherapists.
- I am an ICF coach with PCC credentials.
- I have over 2000 coaching hours and counting. I get supervision.
- For over 25 years I have been learning about, training in and experiencing various therapeutic approaches including Transactional Analysis, gestalt, person centred counselling, compassion based approaches, Somatic Experiencing for trauma, systems therapy at the Tavistock, emotional intelligence, solution focused approaches, positive psychology and stress management.
Yoga and mindfulness
- I first practiced meditation in India over 30 years ago and continue to practice mindfulness, meditation and yoga. I draw on a number of spiritual traditions in my coaching and life
- I am a member of the British Wheel of Yoga and teach Yoga
- I have been teaching meditation for over 30 years.
Work in Education
Other qualifications and experiences
- I have my Permaculture Design Certificate (72 hours)
- I have my own podcast called ‘What’s your thing?
- I have volunteered in a children’s hospice and have learned about bereavement and mourning
- I was the agony aunt and am a columnist on well being site MeMeMe.
- I have a level 3 qualification in Indian Head massage and am insured
- I have a level 2 qualification in Mental Health Awareness
- I have my Mental Health First Aid with Adults and Mental Health First Aid with Children and Young People qualifications and have undertaken short courses in self-harm and suicide prevention.
- I facilitate family community workshops at holistic venues.
- I am the mother of 2.